This approach combines the best of traditional office-based work with modern flexible working practices. By leveraging technology, Staples Canada is able to create an environment where people can collaborate easily and access company resources remotely.
As a result, Staples Canada has seen an increase in productivity and morale, as employees have been freed from restrictive working practices and given more autonomy over their work days. It has also led to greater employee engagement and retention rates.
In this article, we will explore five of the top hybrid work trends that Staples Canada is leading the way in. We will discuss how these trends are transforming the workplace for the better and why Staples Canada is setting a blueprint for other companies to follow in their footsteps.
Understanding the Hybrid Work Concept
Flexibility and convenience are two of the most compelling advantages of hybrid work. Enabling employees to work remotely and/or on-site, not only helps create a healthier work-life balance but also boosts productivity by allowing workers to schedule their own hours or switch up their workspace according to their preferences.
Staples Canada has taken the concept one step further, leveraging a hybrid workforce that leverages both full-time staff and independent contractors. This strategy has allowed them to minimize overhead costs while still ensuring quality services by accessing reliable gig workers with specialized skill sets.
Top 5 Hybrid Work Trends for 2023
Staples Canada is at the forefront of new hybrid working trends. In 2023, hybrid work is set to revolutionize the way businesses operate, and these five trends from Staples Canada give us a snapshot of what’s to come.
- Remote Working: Remote working has become commonplace in 2021. Combining that with a flexible approach to office hours and better job satisfaction, will create a sustainable formula for success in 2023.
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD): BYOD policies have been around for some time now but their demand and importance will increase going forward. They offer more security benefits and provide employees with a perfect balance between the home office and the physical office environment.
- Hybrid Meetings: A combination of online meetings and real-time meetings, these enable offices to stay connected while maintaining social distancing protocols that keep everyone safe.
- Flexible Scheduling: With new technology trends such as video conferencing that enable virtual meetings, collaboration can take place even when individuals are not physically present in the office. This flexible working environment creates happier employees who are more productive and focused on their tasks.
- Smart Office Technologies: Smart office technologies such as voice recognition or voice-activated instructions help employees stay connected to colleagues and make it easier for them to focus on tasks at hand without any distractions or disruptions in their workflow
Benefits of Innovative Employee Programs at Staples Canada
One of the hallmarks of Staples Canada’s hybrid workforce strategy is its innovative employee programs. These programs not only provide employees with the resources they need to be successful and productive but also enhance the organization’s culture.