This float is crazy simple to make and calls for just three ingredients: maraschino cherries, vanilla ice cream and sparkling red wine. Muddle the cherries in the bottom of the glass first to get all that candied cherry deliciousness coursing through.
- maraschino cherries
- pint of vanilla ice cream
- sparkling red wine, chilled
- Let the ice cream soften. Scoop several generous scoops of ice cream up. About three per glass. Return the container to the freezer and allow the scoops to firm up.
- Add about 3-4 maraschino cherries to the bottom of a large glass.
- Add two large scoops of the ice cream to the glass. Top the ice cream with 3 more cherries.
- Fill the glass up with red wine about an inch from the top. Stick a straw in the drink and top with another scoop of ice cream.
- If you want a bit of fun color, sprinkle with red sugar sprinkles.
- Serve immediately.