Google’s Tilt Brush VR art app has got some new features and designs. Yes, I am talking about the virtual reality tool that lets you paint new worlds in three dimensions. Tilt Brush is the invention of VR studios which was acquired by Google back in 2015.
Tilt Brush has been infused with 12 new brushes with different textures, volumes, and more sound effects. On launching the app, you can see the added features, and in the advanced mode, more functions can be accessed.
The brightest spot in the new packing is the beginner mode for rookies and advanced mode for pros. The beginner mode will let the user lock the objects in place and edit around them.
- 12 new brushes: New brushes let you create different textures and volumes, and furthermore, you can create a natural landscape or lifelike characters.
- Beginner and Advanced Mode: when you first launch the app, you’ll start with the core feature set. When you’re ready for the next level, you can press the Advanced Mode button to access some additional features.
- New ambiance: The app has been added with new sound ambiance. The updated set of sound effects is designed to enhance the user’s creation process.
- Sketch organization: There is a Pin Tool that can quickly lock your objects in place when creating densely populated masterpieces. When you pin objects in place, they are unselectable, making it easier to manipulate the scene around them.
- Quick edits: You can now quickly undo or redo many brush actions by holding the controller button until the scene gets back to the way you want it.
Before these additions, Google VR tool has released features like a multiplayer mode and a Unity integration that lets you animate drawings. Tilt Brush application is designed for motion interfaces in virtual reality, and with the new features, it will offer more freedom to artists while designing.