Michael Gerard Tyson
Mike Tyson, Iron Mike, Kid Dynamite, The Baddest Man on the Planet
Mike Tyson is currently 52 according to his birthdate June 30, 1966
Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
He attended school but dropped out of high school as a junior.
In 1989, he was honored with Doctorate in Humane Letters from Central State University.
- Father – Purcell Tyson
- Mother – Lorna Mae (Smith) Tyson
- Siblings – Rodney (Older Brother), Denise (Older Sister), Jimmie Lee Kirkpatrick (Older Half-Brother)
Mike’s biological father is Purcell Tyson. But, Mike has always considered Jimmy Kirkpatrick as his real dad.
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mike Tyson dated –
- Kenya Moore – Mike was RUMORed to be dating TV personality Kenya Moore in the past.
- Naomi Campbell (1987) – English model, actress and singer, Naomi Campbell and Mike dated each other briefly in 1987. At that time, Mike admired her body and unscary attitude.
- Robin Givens (1987-1989) – Actress Robin Givens and Mike started seeing each other in 1987. They got married on February 7, 1988. But, this marriage only remained live for a year and they broke off on February 14, 1989. She was not at all happy with Tyson as he was abusive and tortured her. They used to live in a mansion in Bernardsville, New Jersey.
- Suzette Charles (1989) – Singer, actress and an entertainer, Suzette Charles and Mike dated each other for a short time in 1989.
- Tabitha Stevens (1991) – In 1991, p*rnographic actress, Tabitha Stevens and Mike Tyson had a fling with each other.
- Coco Johnsen (1996) – Model and former Playboy Cyber Girl, Coco Johnsen and Mike had dated each other for some time in 1996.
- Monica Turner (1997-2003) – On April 19, 1997, Mike married Monica Turner who has worked as a pediatric resident at Georgetown University Medical Center. They were married for about 5 years and called it quits in January 2002. She subsequently filed for divorce which was finalized on January 14, 2003. Through this marriage, Mike has two children, son Amir (b. 1997) and daughter Rayna (b. 1996).
- Luz Whitney (2000-2004) – Dominican actress, Luz Whitney and Mike were involved in a 4-year long relationship from 2000 to 2004.
- Lauren Woodland (2002) – In 2002, Mike had a fling with actress and attorney, Lauren Woodland. She is 11 years his junior.
- Kola Boof (2006) – Egyptian-Sudanese-American novelist Kola Boof had an encounter with Mike in 2006. He helped Kola’s son to enter into a private school and this started a small relationship between them.
- Aisleyne Horgan-Wallace (2006-2009) – British glamour model, fashion designer, TV personality, Aisleyne Horgan-Wallace dated Mike on and off from 2006 to 2009. She is 12 years younger than him.
- Lakiha Spicer (2009-Present) – On June 6, 2009, Mike married for the third time to his longtime girlfriend, Lakiha “Kiki” Spicer at the La Bella Wedding Chapel. The couple has two children, daughter Milan and son Morocco.
Mike Tyson’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 52 in or 132 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 18.5 in or 47 cm
- Waist – 36 in or 91.5 cm
Who Is Mike Tyson?
Mike Tyson is a former heavyweight boxing champion who’s served jail time and appeared in several films. Born in Brooklyn, New York, on June 30, 1966, Mike Tyson became the youngest heavyweight boxing champion of the world in 1986, at age 20. He lost the title in 1990 and later served three years in prison over rape charges. He subsequently earned further notoriety by biting Evander Holyfield’s ear during a rematch in 1997. Tyson has gone on to appear in several films, including a documentary and Broadway show on his life.
- Born to Jimmy Kirkpatrick and Lorna Smith Tyson in Brooklyn, New York, Mike Tyson was one of the three children of the couple. He had an elder brother Rodney and a sister Denise who passed away in 1991 due to heart attack. Additionally, he also had a half-brother Jimmie Lee Kirkpatrick from Kirkpatrick’s earlier marriage.
- Kirkpatrick abandoned the family after the birth of young Tyson. Succumbing to the financial burden, the family relocated from Bedford-Stuyvesant to Brownsville when Tyson was ten years of age.
- Ever since his early years, Tyson was involved in fights; of course those at this stage were basically only for personal reasons and did not have a professional ground. He resorted to his fist to solve problems of bullying. By the time Tyson stepped into teenage, he had already been arrested 38 times for knocking out grown men from the street.
- Young Tyson completed his schooling from Tryon School for Boys in Johnstown, New York. It was there that Bobby Stewart, a juvenile detention center counselor and former boxer, noticed Tyson’s boxing skills. He honed them a little before introducing the destined-to-be champion to Cus D’Amato.
- Under Amato’s guidance, Tyson trained for the sport. He was under the full-time custody of Amato who set a rigorous training schedule for the aspiring boxer. Tyson attended Catskill High School by the day and practiced in the ring by the evening. However, he did not graduate from the school and left his studies as a junior.
Tyson saw a total of 58 fights in his professional career. Fifty of those he won, 44 of them being by knockout. Among the fights he did not win, he officially lost six, while two fell into the category of no contest.
On March 6, 1985, Tyson made his professional debut in Albany, New York, against Hector Mercedes. The 18-year-old knocked Mercedes out in one round. Tyson’s strength, quick fists and his notable defensive abilities intimidated his opponents, who were often afraid to hit the fighter. This gave Tyson the uncanny ability to level his opponents in only one round, and earned him the nickname “Iron Mike.”