Eminem is an American rapper, record producer and actor known as one of the most controversial and best-selling artists of the early 21st century.
Marshall Bruce Mathers III
Eminem, M, Slim Shady, M&M
Eminem is currently 45 according to his birthdate October 17, 1972
St. Joseph, Missouri, U.S.
He attended Lincoln High School in Warren, Michigan, but dropped out at the age of 17.
Rapper, record producer, songwriter, actor
- Father – Marshall Bruce Mathers II
- Mother – Debbie Mathers Briggs
- Siblings – Sarah Mathers (Half Sister), Michael Mathers (Half Brother), Nathan Mathers (Half Brother)
Girlfriend / Spouse
- Britney Spears – RUMOR
- Kimberly Scott (1989-2006) – In June 1989, Eminem started dating his high school sweetheart, Kim Scott. When they first met each other, Kim was 13 and Eminem was 15. They dated ON and OFF and engaged in April 1995. The couple gave birth to a daughter, named Hailie Jade Scott Mathers on December 25, 1995. They married in 1999. But, soon after that, in 2000, the duo filed for divorce, which was finalized in August 2001. The reason being the drunk driving conviction. Again, in January 2006, the couple remarried, but this one also didn’t last for long. They filed for divorce in April 2006.
- Brittany Andrews (1999) – American p*rnstar, Brittany Andrews and Eminem dated for a couple of months in 1999.
- Beyoncé Knowles (2001) – RUMOR
- Mariah Carey (2001-2006) – Eminem and singer Mariah Carey became an item on July 8, 2001, while they were on a tour. They dated ON and OFF, separating multiple times. They finally split amicably on June 18, 2006.
- Brittany Murphy (2002) – RUMOR
- Gina Lynn (2003) – RUMOR
- Marni Bright (2007) – In November 2007, music studio manager, Marni Bright and Eminem were RUMORed to be dating, when they were seen together at Michigan recording studio.
- Tracy McNew (2008) – They were RUMORed to be dating together in 2008. However, Eminem’s representative said that she was just a part of his management team.
- Nicki Minaj (2018) – In late 2018, Eminem was rumored to be dating with rapper Nicki Minaj when the YG song “Big Bank” was launched. When a fan asked Nicki on Instagram if she was dating him, she replied “Yes” which further solidified the dating rumors.
American rapper, record producer and actor Eminem was born Marshall Bruce Mathers III on October 17, 1972, in St. Joseph, Missouri. He never knew his father, Marshall Mathers Jr., who abandoned the family when Eminem was still an infant and rebuffed all of his son’s many attempts to contact him during his childhood. As a result, Eminem was raised by his mother, Deborah Mathers. She never managed to hold down a job for more than several months at a time, so they moved frequently between Missouri and Detroit, Michigan, spending large chunks of time in public housing projects. “I would change schools two, three times a year,” Eminem later recalled. “That was probably the roughest part about it all.”
This itinerant lifestyle left a large impact on his personality. He had no close friends, kept almost entirely to himself and was treated like an outcast at each new school. “Beat up in the bathroom, beat up in the hallways, shoved into lockers,” he remembered. Eminem has been scathingly critical of the way his mother raised him. Through his song lyrics, he has publicly accused her of being addicted to prescription drugs as well as subjecting him to emotional and physical abuse. However, Deborah Mathers has vehemently denied all such accusations, and in 1999 she filed a $10 million defamation lawsuit against her son. They settled the case for $25,000.
Eminem attended Lincoln High School in Warren, Michigan, where he failed the ninth grade three times and eventually dropped out at the age of 17. Despite being a poor student, Eminem always had a deep affinity for language, devouring comic books and even studying the dictionary. “I found that no matter how bad I was at school, like, and no matter how low my grades might have been at some times, I always was good at English … I just felt like I wanna be able to have all of these words at my disposal, in my vocabulary at all times whenever I need to pull ’em out. You know, somewhere, they’ll be stored, like, locked away.”